My experience and Qualifications
I have 10 years’ experience working as a practicing integrative psychotherapist.
My therapeutic approach is based on your needs as a client.
My theoretical foundations combine Contemporary Attachment Theory, Intersubjectivity, Embodied Imagination and Neuroscience. I also use phenomenological approaches with a freedom and openness to spirituality.
I am dedicated, committed, and carefully engaged in therapy that has you at the centre. I have experience and skill with trauma, especially bereavement and sudden death, and domestic and sexual violence. I also have much experience of a variety of mental health issues, including psychosis, disassociation, OCD, and phobic behaviours amongst many others, held within the safety of a strong, well-held ethical framework.
- In addition to my therapy work, I am a Vice Principal and Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) with 20 years’ experience of working creatively to motivate children and young adults who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties and other complex SEN or additional Needs.
- I have been in Senior Leadership Teams in a variety of education settings
- I have been Head of various art departments and am qualified in art up to MA level.
- I have worked in diverse educational environments including prisons and secure units. I have also worked in specialised school settings, private and mainstream schools helping to engage children in their education and supporting them in managing their anxiety and other problems.
- I have trained at MA level, as an integrative psychotherapist with Bath Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the Welsh Psychotherapy Partnership (WPP). I am also undertaking a further training (with the Annwn Foundation, annwnfoundation.com) to develop my practice in Integrative Psychotherapy through Embodied Imagination.
Currently I have been awarded my MA level Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy, and been awarded full registration as a fully qualified integrative psychotherapist.
I am also currently undertaking my MA level Post-Graduate National Award for SENCO with Bath Spa University. I hope to complete my course and gain my full SENCO Award in the near future.